GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE STERNEMEHR BASEL OF FAMILYCARE BASEL
The following General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all customers of the services of the Sternenmehrs offer of Familycare Basel.The GTC are based on Swiss law and apply in Switzerland and abroad. Amendments and ancillary agreements are only effective if they are agreed in writing by both parties.
Conclusion of contract
When ordering services and offers in the Familycare Basel Webshop, your contractual partner is the Familycare Basel Association, Sternengasse 19, 4051 Basel, when ordering partner articles, your contractual partner is the respective partner, about whose identity we will inform you individually on the respective product detail page.
The presentation of services and products in the online store is only an invitation to order. Only by clicking the displayed confirmation button (for example, “buy now” or “order”) you place a binding order for the items on the order page.
Confirmation of the order:
We will confirm the receipt of your order immediately by email after sending the order. A binding contract is only concluded upon receipt of the order confirmation.
If working days are specified as deadlines in these General Terms and Conditions, we understand this to mean all days from Monday to and including Friday, with the exception of public holidays.
Prices and costs
The prices in Swiss francs (CHF) listed in the offer at the time of the order apply. The costs vary depending on the offer and service and are noted in the respective descriptions. They always apply to one person at a time, unless explicitly stated otherwise. The prices quoted include the applicable statutory value-added tax.
We reserve the right to change prices at any time. The prices published on the website on the order date apply to you.
The purchase price as well as shipping costs, if any, shall become due upon conclusion of the contract, unless otherwise provided for in the respective valid General Terms and Conditions.
We only accept the payment methods displayed to you in each case as part of the ordering process. For each order, we reserve the right not to offer certain payment methods and to refer to other payment methods. Please note that we only accept payments from accounts in Switzerland and within the European Union (EU). Any costs of a money transaction are to be borne by you.
Payments with credit cards:
In the case of purchase by credit card, the debit of your credit card account takes place immediately with the conclusion of the contract.
The withdrawal before the start of the offers and services is possible at any time; the withdrawal notice must be in writing. The following billing model applies:
- In case of cancellation up to 30 calendar days before the start, a handling fee of CHF 50.00 will be charged.
- In case of cancellation 30 to 15 calendar days before the start, 25% of the costs will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation less than 15 calendar days before the start, no refund will be made.
- No reimbursement will be made in the event of illness or absence of the child.
In case of insufficient number of participants, the services and offers will not be carried out. In this case, amounts already transferred will be refunded in full.
The insurance of the children against accident, illness as well as a liability insurance is the responsibility of the parents.
The venues for events and services are the premises of Sternenmehr at Sternengasse 19, 4051 Basel, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Vouchers and discount coupons
Vouchers will only be redeemed for the purchase of our items or partner items prior to the completion of the order process under the terms and conditions shown on the voucher, but not for the purchase of additional vouchers. It is not permitted to sell vouchers.
Remaining balance and difference:
When paying by means of a voucher, any remaining credit will be credited to your customer account and automatically applied to the next order. The credit balance of a voucher is neither paid out in cash nor does it earn interest. If the credit of a voucher is not sufficient for the order, the difference can be made up with the offered payment options. The accumulation of vouchers and any promotions or discount codes is not possible.
Gift vouchers are vouchers that you can purchase for your family or friends. These are subject to the same conditions as the vouchers.
The liability of Familycare Basel for its own fault as well as that of our employees, legal representatives and vicarious agents is limited to intent. The respective valid statutory warranty for defects shall apply.
In the star more pictures are created by the adults and children. These images are also used for Familycare Basel’s websites and social media channels. By booking the offers and services, visitors agree to this. Any use by Familycare Basel must be objected to in writing by the parent or guardian. Familycare Basel uses the images dutifully and with care. Portraits or individual pictures will only be used after consultation with the parents.
12 basic rules
Familycare Basel has established binding rules for the use of its services. By booking the offers and entering the Sternenmehr, all visitors (parents, other accompanying persons and children) expressly agree to these as part of the General Terms and Conditions and acknowledge them:
- The Sternenmehr consists of several service offers in different premises. The use of all services and premises offered is at your own risk and requires consideration for other visitors as well as the employees of Familycare Basel.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, dogs or pets are not allowed to visit the Sternenmehr. Guide dogs for the blind and assistance animals (support animals) are an exception.
- In particular, Sternenmehr is not liable for self-inflicted accidents of visitors, as well as for damages caused by improper treatment and/or handling of the facility or other materials and/or caused by other visitors. For this reason, Sternenmehr’s liability is limited to claims arising from defective products that cause damage to health or death.
- For the safety of all visitors, glass containers and objects, as well as your own toys, may not be used in the play area. Sharp, pointed or other dangerous objects (including candles) may not be carried. Eating and drinking in the creative studio is not allowed. For your own safety, drinks and food are to be consumed exclusively in the seating areas of the Sternenmehr Bistro.
- The Sternenmehr bistro offers a wide range of coffee specialties as well as cold drinks and small snacks. We ask for your understanding that bringing your own food and beverages or having them delivered by third parties is not permitted at Sternenmehr. This does not include baby food, which we are of course happy to heat up for you.
- Sternenmehr is not liable for damage to or loss of visitors’ clothing and belongings that occur during or through the use of Sternenmehr’s services and premises.
- Use of the checkroom and storage lockers is at your own risk. The contents of the cabinets and storage compartments are removed overnight. Sternenmehr assumes no liability for lost items and clothing, even from closed closets.
- Lost property is kept at the Familycare Basel office for a period of one month and can be collected there during office opening hours.
- All premises, furnishings and materials of the Sternenmehr are to be treated with care. In case of misuse, culpable soiling, damage or loss of borrowed items, visitors are liable for the damage. Any damage to the facilities or equipment, as well as to borrowed items, must be reported to the staff immediately.
- The measures taken and the instructions given by the staff in the interest of safety, order and cleanliness must be followed. The personnel authorized by the management for this purpose shall exercise the domiciliary rights within the Sternenmehr. It is authorized to expel visitors from Sternenmehr who endanger safety, peace and order, disturb other visitors, violate the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions, or do not follow the instructions of the staff.
- Admission to Sternenmehr is not permitted for persons with contagious diseases or open wounds, as well as persons under the influence of intoxicating substances. We reserve the right to refuse access.
- The valid prices and opening hours can be found on the notice board at the entrance, in our information brochures and on our website.
Subject to change
Please note that Familycare Basel may adapt or change the General Terms and Conditions at any time. The current version of the General Terms and Conditions applies to your purchases on the order date.
Should any provision of this contract be invalid or contain a gap, the legal validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. The invalid provision shall then be replaced by a provision that comes as close as possible to the meaning of the invalid provision.
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
All legal transactions or other legal relationships with us shall be governed by Swiss substantive law. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Basel-Stadt.
Basel, 01 October 2022